Worship and other updates
Masks are now optional at Shandon Presbyterian as of March 4, 2022
In light of the CDC’s recent recommendations, masks are now optional at Shandon Presbyterian Church. This is effective immediately and will continue so long as Richland County remains in low or medium virus prevalence, as measured by the CDC.
Here are a few more details:
- Food and drink are now permitted indoors.
- We will return to a more interactive Passing of the Peace in worship, the way you remember it. However, please be mindful that folks may have different levels of comfort with physical interaction.
- Communion this Sunday will remain served in individual containers, but you will be invited forward to receive it.
- John, Jackson, and I will still wear masks during the Word with Children. This is our choice, in order to be extra careful with some of our youngest members who are not able to be vaccinated.
- We will continue to have some activities outside, especially before summer weather sets in.
- Masks will still be available throughout the building, including at Sanctuary entrances.
- Anyone who wishes to remain masked is encouraged to do so.
- Thank you in advance for recognizing that anyone who remains masked has any number of good reasons for doing so, and being respectful of that.