Food donations for Sistercare
Presbyterian Women are collecting grocery store gift cards and non-perishable items to deliver to Sistercare in November.
Gift cards in the amounts of $10 to $ 50 and food donations can be dropped off in the church office through Nov. 19. If possible, please call Jessica Joyner, 803-771-4408, prior to dropping off donations.
Due to increasing food insecurity, the staff of Sistercare suggests we not limit donations to Thanksgiving food items this year.
Suggested non-perishable items:
- Boxed stuffing mix (such as Stovetop) and cornbread mix.
- Instant mashed potatoes, rice, dried beans and peas, and boxed macaroni and cheese.
- Canned vegetables, canned or packaged fruit, cranberry sauce.
- Canned pumpkin or fruit pie filling, pie crust mix, cake or brownie mix, canned frosting.
- Canned tuna and meats.
- Salt and pepper, vegetable oil, sugar, mayonnaise.
- Powdered drink mixes, instant coffee, boxes of tea bags, dried coffee creamer.
- Peanut butter, jelly.
- Boxed cereal.
- Crackers and nuts.
- Foil baking pans, paper plates, napkins, plastic utensils, paper towels.
- Trash bags, dishwashing liquid.
For more information, contact Patty Kadow, 803-361-9308 or firstname.lastname@example.org.