At Shandon Presbyterian Church,
We’re all IN.
INvested. INvolved. INvigorated.
Investing in God’s mission happens when we look at the blessings of our lives and then decide to give to the ministry and work of Shandon Presbyterian Church. We thank all who have generously given over the past year to get us to where we are today. We hope that others will join your good example, and all of us will prayerfully consider making a financial commitment to the church for 2020. The goal is to increase the number of giving units by 25 as we strengthen our church for its ministry.
Involved in caring for each other in our shared life of faith is the very fabric of our church. Now is a great time to step forward as we gather the church and pull together to love in the manner of Jesus Christ our Lord. Being involved is a growth experience as we provide generous, thoughtful and compassionate gifts to each other and our neighbors. Please pray that all of us may get more involved during this time of change and opportunity. It is a great time to come to Shandon.
Invigorated by what lies ahead for us through our investments and involvement, we seek to build the church in this place. It is a time of revitalization for our congregation. The search for a new pastor is underway. Our Director of Christian Education is being called to be our Associate Pastor for Children, Youth and Families. Our Associate Pastor for Campus Ministry is now our Associate Pastor for Discipleship with increased time for pastoral care and outreach. What an exciting time lies ahead – a time to truly feel invigorated and hopeful.
Please click here for a pledge card.
You may return your confidential commitment by mail, place it in
the offering plate or bring it to to the church business office.
There are many opportunities for giving at Shandon Presbyterian Church. First, we give our hearts to Christ and commit our lives to His service in the church, community and world. Please explore our website to discover many ways in which you can give of yourself in worship and service. The ministry of the church also is supported by the faithful financial giving of the congregation to the general budget and to special causes.
Members of the church are encouraged to make an annual pledge to the church budget, which supports Christ’s mission through Shandon Presbyterian and provides for the many programs of the church.
There are many ways you can contribute financially to Shandon Presbyterian Church:
- If you would like to make a pledge or receive offering envelopes, please contact Catherine Teal, (803) 771-4408 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may set up an automatic bank draft with our business office.
- Place your checks/cash in the offering on Sundays. In order to receive the appropriate documentation you need for tax purposes your name and address must be clearly identifiable on your check.
- If you would like to mail your check (please don’t send cash), please send it to the church office: Shandon Presbyterian Church, Attn: Business Office, 607 Woodrow St., Columbia, SC 29205
- You can donate stocks and mutual funds and other “property,” which may include tax advantages for the giver and for the church. Please check with a tax professional. If you would like to donate stock, you can initiate the transfer through your broker. Please contact Catherine Teal, (803) 771-4408 or email@example.com, for details and documentation if you are considering this kind of gift.
- If your bank has automated bill paying, you can set up Shandon Presbyterian Church to receive electronically generated checks, allowing you an easier way to be systematic in your giving.